The series of revelations in the past few weeks about Chandrababu Naidu has taken the country by storm. From mining scams to the land scams, every revelation has a profound effect on the image of the previous Chief Minister and hence could not be ignored at all costs. This puts the question out there among the public – Who is 420 in AP?
Here are some of the major scams that Mr. Chandrababu Naidu has been involved over the decades, as revealed by the former Chief Secretary AjeyaKallam.
- During his tenure, Chandrababu Naidu and his fellow mates amassed a total sum of Rs. 3 lakh Crore over a period of four and a half years.
- The irrigation projects alone shed Rs. 20,000 Crore! These projects were diverted from the original plans, and the projects were constructed, keeping the commission in mind.
- The Chandrababu Naidu government has complete access to all the natural resources over the national resources, and anyone who protested against the same had to face severe consequences.
- Chandrababu Naidu runs the biggest real estate company, In the name of developing a global city, Mr. Naidu has been looting the public in general while running the biggest real estate company in the region.
On the other hand, to satisfy his desire for propaganda, Mr. Naidu has spent hundreds of crores of rupees. To add further, Chandrababu Naidu has completely devastated all the institutions and made corruption a common phenomenon in these institutions.
Here is a small list of the major scams news initiated by the Chandrababu Naidu Government.
|Scam Name||Money Involved|
|Polavaram Project Drained||25,000|
|Red Carpet for C.M. Ramesh||4,834|
|Land Scam in Vizag Exceeding||1,00,000|
|Yellow Mafia Swallows the State||58,933|
** All the figures are in Crore in Indian Rupees.
All the above allegations were not published by any political parties to gain the upper hand in the election. These words come from a seasoned professional who has been in the industry for long enough and knows the proceedings inside out.
Former Chief Secretary, Mr. AjeyaKallam, had revealed the details of the Chandrababu Naidu’s rule. During his tenure in the office, he wasn’t allowed to be vocal. However, after his term in office, he went on to be vocal about the corruption by Chandrababu Naidu and his associates.
The 40 percent
With the corruption encroaching every possible stage in the Chandrababu Naidu has excelled in all forms of activities except growth and development. More than 40 percent of every project went with the corrupt officials.
Some of the examples of who is 420 in AP is as follows:
- More than Rs. 50,000 crore for funds for irrigation, Rs. 20,000 crore has been swallowed by the officials of the state.
- A minor loot went as follows. For the development of a tank in a village in West Godavari district, a sum of Rs. 1 Crore had been released. Out of this, 40 Lakhs went directly went to different government and private entities while a TDP leader who undertook the contract who had dug up the topsoil sold it for as much as Rs. 60 Lakh.
Misuse of Public Funds
The corruption trial does not end at this. The Chandrababu government has been looting the public funds to satisfy their needs. A sum of Rs. 20,000 crore fund was released by the government for employment opportunities, out of which the government swallowed one-third of it.
On the other hand, the government distributed 5 lakh cellphones at the price of Rs. 7,500 per piece, which was originally available at Rs. 4000 per piece. Other scams include gifting an Rs.400 Crore worth land to Franklin Templeton at a mere Rs. 13 Crore price.
The list is endless, while the government has been exposed numerous times. However, with malpractice and brute force, the government has been able to retain the position for decades.
The Struggle Story
The cry for “struggle” has been propaganda for years altogether. The then Chief Minister has been looting the central government over the years in the name of struggling to build a smart city, struggling to develop the state, and so on. These tricks helped the government gained sympathy and build a mesmerizing picture in which the government played the David and the Central Government the Goliath.
However, when Shiv Nadar of HCL requested land in Tirupati, the gifted government land worth Rs. 700 Crore and provided Rs. 2,233 Crore worth incentives over a span of 12 years. This truly highlights the hypocrisy of the Chandrababu Naidu’s government – the real who is 420 in AP.
When it comes to the Chandrababu Naidu government, the government played a pivotal role in spreading corruption at every level of the hierarchy. On the other hand, if one digs further, the government could be found looting the Central Government on the pretext of the development. This truly answers the question – Who is 420 in AP?
Read previous blog: Was Chandrababu Naidu Victim of His Own Politics?